Out came the computer and the scanner for a demonstration of how we go about scanning art work and what creates a good drawing for the digital inking process.
- 72 dpi is the average required for video work
- The smaller the area to be scanned the higher the dpi required to fill the frame
- Nice dark lines with lots of contrast between the background and the line work will minimize the amount of fiddling around which needs to be done before ink and paint.
- An audience will respond more to a film which looks like it has been hand-made by one person (the personal touch) than a film which looks like it came out of a factory of people.
- A fill colour does not neccessarily have stay within it’s outlines.